Bruno & Harmar VPLs
With the introduction of the Vertical Platform Lift, Bruno Independent Living Aids and Harmar have broadened their product lines in a new direction straight up! Designed and built by master craftsmen, the Vertical Platform Lift provides a rugged, reliable, and affordable solution for individuals and caregivers who need assisted access to a porch or deck.
Click on Pictures to Enlarge
|Bruno VPL||Bruno VPL
|VPL gate||Harmar VPL|
A leader in mobility products, Bruno has created a Vertical Platform Lift (VPL) that many homeowners find indispensible in their daily lives. The Bruno VPL increases mobility and provides a new level of independence for anyone who uses a wheelchair, powerchair or scooter. With 750 pound lifting capacity, these Vertical Platform Lifts are designed to handle nearly any mobility device on the market today.
Safety is a prime concern for you and for the team at Bruno. All Bruno Vertical Platform Lifts come with safety features including the spring sensitive bottom platform that shuts the unit down if an obstruction is encountered. These VPLs also have an automatic, self lowering, folding ramp for easy on and off access when in the down position. When in the up position the folding ramp acts as a safety barrier.
Bruno has also taken steps to ensure the control buttons are easy to understand and use. The simple push button controls come with an emergency stop switch and are weather protected for outdoor use. The smooth, quiet operation the Bruno VPLs makes them ideal for home use.
Additional features of the Bruno Vertical Platform Lifts include:
- 42" (1067 mm) high, solid, side platform walls
- 36" x 48" (914 mm x 1219 mm) non-skid platform
- Weather-resistant, powder-coated finish
- Totally enclosed formed-steel bottom safety pan
- Acme screw drive, with backup safety nut
- Brunos Gold Warranty 2 years on major components and 1 year on parts
Mobility experts, Harmar, have designed their Vertical Platform Lift to be an easy to install and affordable option for homeowners who require access to porches and other elevation changes. Their VPL is designed to provide safe, smooth access to elevation changes ranging from 4 to 6 feet. These virtually maintenance free VPLs are popular with homeowners who prefer a VPL that is relatively unobtrusive and has a small footprint.
The Harmar VPL features many safety features including a ramp that folds up and down for easy access to the lift while also providing additional stability. The Vertical Platform Lift from Harmar also features safety sensors in the base which will automatically stop the lift should an obstacle be encountered. The controls of these lifts are also simple and safe to use. They are not physically demanding in any way.
Harmar has taken care to design a VPL that meets ASME safety design standards. Designed for both indoor and outdoor use, these VPLs are waterproof for those who intend to use them outdoors. The residential model features a 600 pound weight capacity and can be used with most wheelchairs, powerchairs and scooters.
Additional features of the Harmar Vertical Platform lift include:
- Available in AC and DC models
- Solid platform with non-skid surface for added safety
- Solid 36 high guard panels
- Constant pressure, paddle switch controls with emergency stop button
- 36 x 48 platform
- 50 x 70 footprint
- Made in USA
- Top landing gate includes call/send controls with key and mechanical interlock
- A Cold Weather Package for existing or new VPLs, tested to improve performance to -20Ί F
- Stay-dry Platform Canopy
- Platform Gate - provides a full 42 high barrier for added safety and security
- Manual hand crank lowering provided via top cap
- Several platform sizes and configurations
- Push button or Paddle Controls on the platform
- Push button or Paddle Landing Controls
- Battery Powered unit (standard on VPL-3200B series) - provides access in and out of your home even during a power outage.
- 3" (76 mm) Stationary Ramp For Lower Landing (enclosed hoistways ONLY)
- Telephone Kit Option (telephone not included) available on VPL-3200B series only
Harmar VPL Options
- Lifting height: 53 to 77"
- Rated load: 600lbs (272 kg)
- Drive: Belt driven Acme screw / 90 VDC ½ hp motor
- Power supply: 115 VAC 15 Amp grounded circuit
- Control circuit: 24 VAC
- Platform: 36 x 54 with 36 high solid guard panels and automatic folding ramp
- Footprint: 49 x 69
- Speed: 10 fpm
- Controls: Constant pressure rocker switch with emergency stop
- Manual lowering Device provided
- Safety design standards: ASME A18.1, Section 5 Private Residence Vertical Platform Lifts
- Safety design standards: CSA B44.1 / ASME 17.5 Elevator and Escalator Electrical Equipment
- Safety features: Safety Pan, Final limit, Acme safety nut with monitor, Non-skid surface
- Warranty: 1-Year parts