Locally Owned & Operated in White Plains
Located 1 mile north of downtown White Plains, 101 Mobility proudly serves the Lower Hudson Valley area with superior accessibility equipment and solutions. We are conveniently located, just minutes from White Plains Hospital, Burke Rehabilitation, Westchester Medical Center, Westchester Jewish Community Services, and Blythedale Children’s Hospital. Our comprehensive showroom allows you to try before you buy.
Serving the Lower Hudson Valley:
Our team of dedicated Mobility Consultants and Specialists proudly serve the entire Lower Hudson Valley area. We don’t just stop at White Plains, but cover areas from New Rochelle and Bronxville, to Suffern and Katonah. We have a great central location that is close to area hospitals and rehab centers, and we are ready to help offer more accessibility to your life. Take advantage of our free consultation to find out how you can live your life to the fullest, doing the things you enjoy.
More About This Location
We greatly enjoy helping people — and that is reason we come to work every day. Our success is measured by helping our people and businesses in our community. Our team enjoys problem solving, finding new alternatives and the best solutions to meet your needs and your budget. One of our clients was about to buy a new SUV, vehicle lift and scooter. We showed him how just a scooter that comes apart easily and was not too heavy could fit in his current vehicle. Another client was considering spending a great deal of money on the site preparation for an exterior vertical platform lift. We showed her how an interior elevator would be more convenient, less impacted by weather, and less expensive. Let us help you solve your mobility, access and safety concerns. We pride ourselves in providing solutions that are best for you.
101 Mobility of White Plains Team. Making a difference in our community.
Helping our Clients get exactly what they need. Nothing more, nothing less—True Customer Stories
Helping a young boy and his family…
We were called in recently to help a 12 year old brain injured child. He cannot walk. His grandmother called us desperately looking for a solution, as he is now too big to carry up and down the stairs, particularly when he is not cooperating. His family applied for and received a grant of $60,000 to do a home modification that would enable him to get upstairs to the main floor of his home. Plans were drawn up and three contractors bid on a vertical platform lift that would go from their backyard to the deck off the kitchen of the main floor. With extensive site preparation and the various home modifications needed for this solution, all three bidders came in over $75,000. The project could not go forward because the family lacked the $15,000 deficit.
101 Mobility looked at the problem and noted the proposed solution would not be weather protected and would require overcoming snow and other weather related challenges to get this young guy from home to school and back. We proposed an elevator rising from the protection of their garage to the main floor at a total cost of $35,000. No wind, rain, or snow to contend with, and completely able to transfer by driving into the garage and transferring to the elevator. A better and less costly solution. They are now rewriting the specs to our specifications.
Helping to transport a scooter around town..
A gentleman came to us looking for a vehicle lift that would be fully compatible with a new car he wanted to buy, and a new scooter he needed to get around. He had a total budget of $75,000 for all three items. We showed him how a scooter that met his needs could easily come apart into lift-able pieces and fit into his existing vehicle without the need for any vehicle lift nor any new vehicle. We went over his home and had he and his wife pick up the pieces, take apart and put together the scooter. He spent $1,500 of his $75,000 and got exactly what he needed.
Every need is different…
We represent a variety of access, safety and mobility product categories with multiple manufacturers that enable us to find the best solution without being married to any specific product category or any one manufacturer. In this case and in many others, that really makes a very big difference – the 101 Mobility difference.
Some might say we left money on the table – we think we helped this client get exactly what he needed – nothing more and nothing less. My guess is the VA might appreciate that difference.
Meet Our Management Team
Robert (“Bob”) Antonecchia resides in Yonkers and has over 25 years of experience at The Wartburg Adult Care Community in Mount Vernon. While there, Bob was responsible for facilities operations including patient, resident and employee safety and security. From planning and overseeing the construction and completion of new facilities, to renovations, capital projects, and compliance, Bob was entrusted with all aspects of safety for everyone at The Wartburg.
Among facility administrators around our area, Bob is best known for his informative educational and certification programs, often held at the Wartburg. He is committed to safety, comfort and security, and has encountered almost every challenge, obstacle and condition imaginable in his 25+ years at The Wartburg.
He also grew up with a severely disabled father who consistently overcame his limitations and led a very active life, including commuting daily from Westchester to lower Manhattan. With his father as a role model, Bob remains dedicated to enhancing the lives of seniors and handicapped people with the greater independence, safety and comfort that 101 Mobility solutions provide. Bob will provide residential safety inspections for local residents at no charge—he holds several safety certifications.
Glenn is a resident of White Plains and is a Certified Senior Advisor and attorney with an MBA, who has produced training events and published professional training materials for over 30 years, including many safety and compliance topics. His passion for helping others is best evidenced by his pro-bono activities at the Legal Services of the Hudson Valley, where he was awarded the New York State Bar Association’s Presidents Award – 9th Judicial District — for his pro bono work with elders and those with special needs. He is also Executive Director of WISE Services, offering practical experiential learning to high school seniors in many schools throughout our area, and around the country. Glenn served as a Board of Education member for 8 years, and serves as Treasurer of County Tennis Club in Scarsdale. His genuine empathy for handicapped individuals stems from his two years of being wheelchair bound as a child, his deceased best friend’s muscular atrophy condition, who traveled the country in his power chair and customized van with Glenn, overcoming various obstacles wherever they went, and his father’s long debilitating battle with dementia.
To learn more about this branch, contact our friendly staff today. We can discuss your specific mobility needs and schedule a free consultation to find the perfect mobility solution to keep you active and independent. Call us today to learn more.
Accessibility Products and Services
Look to 101 Mobility of White Plains for a wide range of mobility and accessibility equipment. We sell, install and service accessibility products from only the top manufacturers in the industry. Ask about our rental options on many products. Want to see our products up close? Please stop by our showroom so you can see and try out our mobility solutions first hand. If you prefer, you can fill out our web form or give us a call and we will set up a free consultation at your convenience. We look forward to helping you find the best mobility solution for your needs and budget.
Here’s some info to get you started:
We sell, rent, install and service stairlifts from the leading manufacturers. Our stairlifts come with extended warranties for parts and a one year warranty on all labor costs. You can ride before you buy in our showroom, and we offer free no-obligation and no pressure in-home evaluations. We also look for other solutions, including vertical platform lifts and home elevators, that may be more effective given the physical conditions of the user(s) and the home.
We’ll design a ramp configuration that meets your needs, while providing safe and practical access. We look for the best solution to keep costs down while maximizing convenience. Our ramps are modular and durable non-corrosive aluminum construction to provide a lifetime of safe and reliable passage over steps and thresholds. Our custom configured ramps include important safety considerations including non-skid surfaces and continuous handrails. We never charge for an on-site evaluation, and we do not provide any pressure to purchase.
Whether access is needed to a porch, from a garage, inside or outside, we offer vertical platform lifts (VPLs) designed to provide safe lifting access without a large “footprint.” VPLs are often the best solutions where long ramps are needed to provide a safe slope. We keep a vertical platform lift in our showroom so you can see what it looks like, and how it feels to ride in one. Why not come out and get a vertical platform lift test ride today?
We offer patient lifts and slings in various configurations, including portable lifts from Hill-Rom / Liko and Handicare, as well as ceiling lifts. These lifts can provide transfers within a room and between rooms for improved access. Patient Lifts are designed for the safety of both the user and the caregiver, preventing injuries from unsafe patient lifting. We can sell or rent patient lifts to provide the needed access in your home.
We offer commercial ramps, stairlifts, vertical platform lifts and pool lifts that meet ADA requirements. Whether for sale or for rent, these products are available for interior or exterior use. Complete specs, drawings and architectural resources are available at no charge.
We install, deliver, service and uninstall as needed, at reasonable prices. We will also buyback products you no longer need, or help you donate your used unneeded equipment to a worthy cause.Our product selection includes:
101 Mobility offers the widest selection of commercial accessibility solutions from the most trusted brands in the industry to make your business or public space accessible to all.View All Commercial >
A staircase should never come between you and your patrons. 101 Mobility offers a wide selection of commercial stair lifts from the most trusted brands in the industry, each one promising safe and easy navigation up and down your business’s stairs.View All Commercial Stairlifts >
Indoor Wheelchair Ramps
101 Mobility’s indoor wheelchair ramps for home provide safe and reliable room-to-room access for users with walkers, wheelchairs, powerchairs, and more.View All Indoor Wheelchair Ramps >
101 Mobility can help you choose from a wide variety of patient lifts, including Hoyer / hydraulic, manual, portable, and ceiling-mounted lifts.View All Patient Lifts >
Platform lifts from 101 Mobility ensure access to raised porches, decks, and other elevated areas for commercial and residential applications.View All Platform Lifts >
White Plains, NY
New Rochelle, NY
White Plains, NY
Certified Senior Advisor
As a Certified Senior Advisor, we are knowledgeable in the area of senior health, social and financial issues, which better equips us in helping seniors live more independently and stay in their homes as they get older.
101 Mobility White Plains Proudly Recommends:
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Suffern (914) 368-5000
- Hudson Valley Hospital, Cortlandt (914) 734-3611
- Lawrence Hospital Center, Bronxville (914) 787-1000
- Montefiore Mount Vernon (914) 664-8000
- Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital (914) 632-5000
- Northern Westchester Hospital, Mount Kisco (914) 610-4849
- Nyack Hospital (845) 348-2000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital, Sleepy Hollow (914) 366-3000
- Putnam Hospital Center, Carmel (914) 279-5711
- St. John’s Riverside Hospital, Yonkers (914) 964-4444
- St. Joseph’s Medical Center, Yonkers (914) 378-7000
- Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla (914) 285-7017
- White Plains Hospital, White Plains (914) 681-0600
Local Rehab Facilities
- Burke Medical Research Institute (914) 597-2551
- Burke Rehabilitation Hospital Outpatient Programs:
- Burke Main Campus – 785 Mamaroneck Ave., White Plains (914)597-2200
- Burke Purchase – 3020 Westchester Ave., Purchase (914) 597-2133
- Burke Mamaroneck – 703W. Boston Post Rd., Mamaroneck (914) 597-2556
- Burke Bronx – 2826 Westchester Ave – Bronx (718) 515-2400
- Burke Somers – 325 Rt 100 #106 – Somers (914) 597-2890
- Burke Yonkers (Ridge Hill) – 73 Market St Suite 1789 – Yonkers (914) 597-2882
- Fieldhome – Cortlandt (914) 739-2244
- King Street Rehab – Rye Brook (914) 937-5800
- Northern Westchester Hospital – Chappaqua (914) 465-3145
- Phelps Memorial Rehabilitation – Sleepy Hollow (914) 366-3717
- Sky View Rehabilitation and Health Care – Croton-On-Hudson (914) 271-5151
- Somers Manor Rehabilitation & Nursing Center – Somers (914) 232-5101
- Sprain Brook Manor Rehab – Scarsdale(914) 472-3200
- The Enclave at Port Chester Rehabilitation – Port Chester (914) 937-1200
- The Grove at Valhalla – Valhalla (914) 681-0600
- United Hebrew – New Rochelle (914) 632-2804
- Westchester Center for Rehabilitation – Mt Vernon (914) 699-1600
- Westchester Medical Center – Valhalla (914) 493-7000
Local Home Healthcare Agencies
- ArchCare at Home (914) 810-2500
- Cabrini Certified Home Health Care – Dobbs Ferry (914) 693-6800
- DATAHR/Family Care – Mount Kisco (914) 242-1903
- Elderserve Certified Home Health Agency (914) 368-5550
- Lawrence Home Care of Westchester (914) 961-2818
- Metropolitan Jewish Home Care (914) 328-8822
- Montefiore Hospital Home Care Elmsford (718) 405-4400
- PTS of Westchester, Inc. White Plains (914) 949-5150
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Homecare (914) 375-3300
- United Hebrew Geriatric Certified Homecare (914) 632-2870
- Visiting Nurse Service of NY Rye Brook (914) 946-1023
- Visiting Nurse Association of Hudson Valley (914) 666-7616
- Visiting Nurse Service in Westchester & Putnam (914) 682-1480
- Wartburg Certified Homecare New Rochelle (914) 278-9131
Local Adult Day Programs
- Bethel Nursing Home Ossining (914) 941-7300, ext. 266
- Bradhurst Community Center Hawthorne (914) 592-6441
- CenterLight Healthcare White Plains (914) 683-1600
- Club Wartburg Mt. Vernon(914) 699-0800, ext. 472
- Edna Lillian Roker White Plains (914) 761-3885
- Guidance Center of New Rochelle/STEP Program (914) 613-0700
- Hebrew Hospital Home Valhalla (914) 681-8696
Relevant Associations and Non-Profits
- Adaptive Sports Foundation (518) 734-5070
- ALS Association Greater New York Chapter (212) 619-1400
- Amputee Coalition (888) 267-5669
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (800)-782-4747
- Alzheimer’s Association (800) 272-3900
- American Academy of Neurology (800) 879-1960
- American Cancer Society (800) 227-2345
- American Epilepsy Society (860) 586-7505
- American Heart Association (800) 242-8721
- American Lung Association (202) 452-1805
- American Stroke Association (888) 478-7653
- Brain Injury Association (800) 444-6443
- Brain Injury Association of New York (518) 459-7911
- Brain Trauma Foundation (212) 772-0608
- Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation (800) 225-0292
- Challenged Athletes Foundation (858) 866-0959
- COPD Foundation (866) 316-2673
- Foundation Finance – Home Improvement Financing (855) 241-0024
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome/Chronic Inflammatory (866) 224-3301
- Mesothelioma (800) 692-8608
- Michael J. Fox Foundation (800) 708-7644
- Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (800) 532-7667
- Multiple Sclerosis Foundation (800) 225-6495
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (800) 352-9424
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (800) 344-4867
- National Parkinson Foundation (800) 473-4636
- National Spinal Cord Injury Association (800) 962-9629
- National Stroke Association (800) 787-6537
- Parkinson’s Disease Foundation (800) 457-6676
- Restorative Neurology Clinic – Burke Medical Research (914) 597-2111
- United Spinal Association (800) 404-2898
- United Way (914) 997-6700