Treadwell Circulation Device
Ideal for nursing homes and long term care facilities, the Treadwell® Wellness Device is a non-invasive easy to use exercise device. This revolutionary, patent pending device delivers the kind of new exercise technology anyone can use and feel good about.
Designed for very low exertion, low resistance, and no impact motion, the Treadwell Wellness Device works by “treadling”; a motion similar to the foot power that old sewing machines with foot pedals used. The Treadwell Wellness Device is used while the patient is sitting eliminating the need to step onto or off of the device, a time when most injuries occur. Ideal for patients in wheelchairs, this exercise device allows the patient to reap the benefits of a workout without having to transfer out of the wheelchair.
The Treadwell® Wellness Device allows the patient to benefit from the advantages of increased blood flow gained from exercise. It can be used daily without the risk of doing harm to the patient, stores easily, and allows the patient to participate in an exercise program while taking part in other tasks like watching TV, reading, or working on the computer.
Some of the benefits of the Treadwell Device include:
- Improved physical therapy outcomes
- Reduced risk of injury from falls
- Low effort, no impact
- Effective for physically compromised users
- No increase in vital signs
- No overuse syndromes
- Overall improvement in user wellness
- Transportable to the resident
- Increase staff productivity
- Green - No Electricity or other external power required
- Counter for monitoring and charting usage
- Utilizes inertia and momentum provided by the user for ease of use.
- There is no known device or equipment, other than the Treadwell, that increases blood flow without a corresponding increase in vital signs that can be used on a daily basis with no untoward affects resulting for the user.
- Anecdotal reports and preliminary studies suggest that the Treadwell® Device may be helpful in the treatment of wound healing, leg ulcer healing, edema of the lower extremities, venous blood flow disorders (venostasis) peripheral arterial disease (PAD), restless leg syndrome (RLS), congestive heart failure (CHF), and peripheral neuropathy.
Please do not hesitate to call us today at 1.888.258.0652; or visit our contact page, to learn more about the Treadwell Circulation Device.