Choosing the Right Stairlift Means Staying Mobile
At 101 Mobility, we understand that the loss of mobility and the ability to easily climb the stairs of your home can come as a shock. It can seem like once easy chores, like carrying the laundry up the stairs, can suddenly become difficult and even dangerous. If you hate to admit that you are wary of climbing the stairs, it might be time to consider installing a stairlift in your home. Before you disrupt your daily routine, give up the home that you love so much, and you move to an apartment or ranch home, consider the possibilities that come with installing a stairlift.
Stairlifts generally come in two styles: straight rail or curved rail. We carry both styles at 101 Mobility. Straight rail stairlifts are designed for stairs that do not turn or curve before they reach the second floor. We can often install a straight rail stairlift within 24 hours for your convenience. Curved rail stairlifts are designed for stairways that have a landing or curve that must be maneuvered on the way to the second floor. We can custom design a curved rail stairlift to meet the specific needs of your stairway.
When you begin shopping for a stairlift for your home, there are many important factors to consider. We offer you this check list to help you choose the stairlift that is best for your home and your needs.
- Choose a stairlift company that is local and can provide the prompt, professional service you need.
- Choose a stairlift company that has a reputation for excellent service and superior products.
- For your peace of mind always work with a company that has expert installers. We always recommend having a professional install your stairlift. They are complicated machines and should not be installed by anyone without factory training. 101 Mobility installers are factory trained and certified so you can be confident that your stairlift will be installed properly and safely.
- Make sure you get all the options that will make your stairlift the best fit for your needs. Consider how far away from the wall the rail will be mounted. Will you want a fold up seat, arm rests, foot rests, or a swivel seat? All of these options are valuable and make every day use of your stairlift more comfortable.
- Ask for testimonials from other customers.
- Have a list of concerns and questions ready when your sales consultant comes for your appointment. Knowing what concerns you want to have addressed will make the initial appointment easier and will help to ensure you get all your questions answered. Consider asking a friend or relative to join you for the appointment if you are unsure what questions to ask.
- Get a written quote for the cost of the stairlift and the cost of installation.
We know that staying in your home for as long as possible is your ultimate goal. At 101 Mobility, we want to help you reach your goal. Please call us for a free, no obligation appointment. Let us show you how our stairlifts can help you maintain your freedom and stay in your home.
Call 101 Mobility at (888) 258-0652.