16 Powerful Martin Luther King Jr. Quotes That Will Make You Think
Martin Luther King Jr. is remembered as one of the most influential leaders in history. His ability to effectively communicate inspired many and created a unity and movement in millions. We asked some 101 Mobility employees to recall their favorite Martin Luther King Jr. quote, and here is what they came up with.
1. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.
2. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.
3. At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love.
4. Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom. A man can’t ride you unless your back is bent.
5. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
6. Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see.
7. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
8. Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable… Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
9. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
10. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’
11. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into friend.
12. Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
13. That old law about ‘an eye for an eye’ leaves everybody blind. The time is always right to do the right thing.
14. The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
15. The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.
16. The time is always right to do what is right.
Don’t see your favorite Martin Luther King Jr. quote? Tell us–leave it in the comments!