10 Tips From Mom To Turn Your Week Around
We’ve all been there: struggling to get through the week. Whether it’s work, stress, a fight, or you’re just feeling blah, there’s that one person we always call to talk us into our senses: mom.
Below are some tips from mom to help you get through the week!
1. Set a time limit for your temper. Bad things happen and we can get frustrated, angry, and upset. Don’t bury how you feel, but don’t torture yourself with all of the negativity. Allow yourself no more than 5 minutes to be alone in your emotions, and then let it go.
2. Practice positive thoughts. Did you spill coffee all over yourself this morning? Rats. You can’t undo the damage, but you can change your attitude and not let it ruin your day. “Hey guys, I tie-dyed my suit this morning… check it out!” Laughter is the best medicine!
3. Your quirks are valuable. You know what’s awesome about being you? The fact that there’s only one you. Don’t be afraid to express yourself and let your weird moments shine. The less popular path is full of unique possibilities that only you will encounter.
4. Remember your potential. Mom brought you here to achieve great things! Chase your dreams relentlessly and work hard each day to become a better version of yourself.
5. This too shall pass. It could be unbelievably painful, but time will pass and the hurt will fade. Have faith in tomorrow and the good things waiting for you in the future.
6. Accomplish the toughest task first. Start each day strong by tackling the most difficult task first. It may take longer, it may be uncomfortable, and it may be hard, but once it’s done, your day has become that much easier and that foreboding weight on your shoulders has vanished.
7. Have beauty in your life. Surround yourself with beauty when faced with an ugly situation. Hang up some artwork you admire, water the flowers outside, create something, or whip out a photo of your new adorable puppy and remember how dear she is to your heart.
8. Quit the complaining and move forward. Sometimes we can blow things out of proportion. This is when mom would look you dead in the face and say, “Stop whining. Get up. Let’s go.”
9. Commit a random act of kindness. You can turn around someone’s entire day (and yours!) with just a little bit of kindness. Hold a door open for a stranger. Buy a cup of coffee for the person behind you at Starbucks. Call a sibling or a friend just to say hey.
10. Mom will love you anyway. Mothers love their children through the toughest of times. Sometimes we make mistakes or bad decisions that we wish we could take back. At the end of the day, it’s one of the greatest comforts in the world to know that your mom will love you no matter what.
From all of us at 101 Mobility, Happy Mother’s Day to all of the amazing moms out there!