Storm Preparedness Tips from 101 Mobility
In the Southeast and along the Gulf Coast, the fall is storm and hurricane season. Are you prepared for the upcoming storm season?
Use these few tips from 101 Mobility to ensure you are prepared for any upcoming storms.
- Check and charge the batteries on your powerchair and scooter.
- Bring your wheelchair or scooter inside and keep it secure, covered and away from windows during heavy storms.
- Don’t forget to have the basics on hand including water, canned goods, flashlights, batteries, a first aid kit, radios, blankets, and pillows.
- Be sure to refill any prescriptions.
- If your vertical lift doesn’t have battery backup, have an alternate plan for exiting your home in case you lose power.
- Charge your cell phone.
- Be sure you have filled your car’s gas tank.
- Bring anything inside that can be blown around by high winds.
After the storms have passed:
- Check ramps for debris.
- Check ramps for stability in case they have shifted.
- Check your car and exterior lifts for damage.
- Drive only if necessary. Avoid flooded areas.
If you are in need of ramp rentals following a storm in your area, please contact your local 101 Mobility office. We can deliver and install most ramps within 24 hours.