As a brand that serves vulnerable customers (seniors and/or individuals with health conditions), we always take health and hygiene seriously. In light of the recent COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken additional measures, in accordance with local authorities’ recommendations, to further help prevent transmission.
While we are practicing social distancing whenever possible, we also understand that we offer need-based products and services. As such, we will do our best to remain open to serve our customers throughout these uncertain times.
We will attempt to provide as much assistance as possible over the phone, including Virtual Consultations (when possible), No-Contact Installations, and No-Contact Repairs. If you do need to schedule a home visit with us, we can assure you that:
- Our staff members are not exhibiting any of the symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, cough, or shortness of breath).
- Our staff members have not recently traveled outside of the country or knowingly come in contact with someone who may have COVID-19.
- Our staff members will use hand sanitizer or disinfectant prior to entering any customer’s home.
- Our staff members will use sanitizing sprays and wipes on any products, tools, or other materials that they bring into a customer’s home.
- Our staff members will not shake hands with customers and will practice social distancing (at least six feet) whenever possible.
We will also ask that each customer confirm that no members of their household have recently traveled outside of the country, have knowingly come in contact with someone who may have COVID-19, or is exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness.
We also suggest that anyone in the household who is especially vulnerable should stay away from any visitor to the home (including us).
We care about the safety of our employees and our customers. However, at this time, it is impossible for anyone to guarantee that they are not transmitting COVID-19. It is our customers’ responsibility to determine whether to allow visitors to their home.
We will continue to monitor recommendations from authorities and will update our policy accordingly. Thank you for trusting 101 Mobility with your accessibility and mobility needs.
- When possible, we are offering virtual consultations with our Mobility Consultants to allow us to continue to serve our customers while eliminating the need for in-person contact. The process is as follows: Give us a call and speak with a Mobility Consultant via phone or video chat.
- Our Mobility Consultant will ask you a variety of questions and let you know which pictures to send (via text message or e-mail) or which areas to show via video.
- Based on the information provided, the Mobility Consultant will provide recommendations, send you brochures/video links and other documentation (via e-mail) and even send you a firm quote when possible.
- If you approve the quote, you can send a deposit electronically and we can schedule delivery/installation (continuing to avoid physical contact, if desired).
While installation of many of our accessibility solutions requires one or more of our Mobility Specialists to enter your home, we have a process in place to continue to avoid physical contact. Our process is as follows:
- Our Mobility Specialist will call you when he or she arrives at your home.
- You can look outside to verify it is us. If the installation requires that we enter your home (ex. Stairlift), you can unlock the door then move to another part of the home. If the product will be installed outside (ex. Ramp or Platform Lift) you can remain inside during the installation.
- Regardless of where your product is installed, our Mobility Specialist will minimize the time spent in your home as much as possible. He will also clean and wipe the equipment with sanitizer when he is finished.
- After installation, he will call to notify you that he has finished and will walk you through usage instructions and questions over the phone.
- Any final paperwork or payments can be completed electronically or over the phone.
If you have a stairlift, ramp, platform lift, or other product that needs repairs, we are committed to providing help while continuing to minimize or remove physical contact. Our process is as follows:
- We will attempt to troubleshoot over the phone or video call whenever possible.
- If your repair requires a home visit, we will follow the “No-contact installations” process outlined above.