The solution for using your quick release wheelchair is the LIFTKAR PT-A. The PT-A is a battery-powered, attendant-operated stair climber. The attendant needs only to guide the device while the LIFTKAR’s patented lifting mechanism effortlessly climbs up and down indoor and outdoor stairs whether they are carpeted, tile, or wood! Once the destination has been reached, reattach the wheels to the wheelchair and move around freely…no need to remove the LIFTKAR – it stays attached! Just raise the lifting unit and the wheelchair can be used normally!
The LIFTKAR PT-A can be easily disassembled into three parts that can be placed in any vehicle. Making it perfect to take on a visit to friends and family! The electric battery-powered unit is equipped with 3-speed settings and is capable of handling 300-500 steps before requiring a re-charge.
All purchases and rentals come with attendant training to ensure that the attendant is completely comfortable navigating the easy-to-learn device.
- Narrow unit is ideal for narrow staircases and tight spaces
- Automatic Braking System – the wear-free braking system reliably stops the unit on the edge of the step
- Intuitive Operation – power, speed, and mode buttons can all be easily adjusted while operating the unit
- Ergonomic Design – the operator handle is suitable for left-handed or right-handed individuals, and the stable base prevent any strain to the operator
- Lightweight and Portable – the unit is lightweight and easily disassembles into three pieces so you can take it with you wherever you go
- Suitable for Slopes and Ramps – the automatic braking system gradually engages when the unit is tilted back, so it is easy to use on ramps and hills
- Non-Marking Tires – the grey tires will not mark or smudge your floor or staircase
- Suitable for use on nearly any staircase, indoor or outdoor, regardless of step material
- Compatible with nearly any quick-release manual wheelchair
- Backed by 101 Mobility’s one year limited service warranty in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty
- Unit Weight: 54.34 lbs
- Heaviest piece when disassembled: 33.44 lbs (climbing unit)
- Weight Capacity: 352 lbs (including user and wheelchair)
- Total Height: 44.49 in.
- Climbing Speed (adjustable)
- I = 10 steps per minute
- II = 14 steps per minute
- III = 18 steps per minute
- Maximum Step Height: 8.25 in.
- Range Per Charge: 300 – 500 steps
- Battery Pack Voltage: 24 VDC